In the spirit of the holiday season, The Rite Aid Foundation announced it is awarding a total of $2.2 million to its partner charities through the KidCents Holiday Wishes Program. The program was created to spread some extra holiday cheer to the KidCents charities that give so much to their clients and communities throughout the year. More than 440 KidCents charities will receive a $5,000 grant to help make a holiday wish of their choice come true.
“The Rite Aid Foundation wanted to give our KidCents charities a special gift this holiday season, in recognition of all they do to give the children they serve a chance for better lives and brighter futures,” said Tracy Henderson, director of The Rite Aid Foundation and charitable giving initiatives.
Some of the holiday wishes being grant through the program include:
- Miracle Babies, San Diego, CA: The nonprofit organization, which provides education, support and financial assistance to families with critically ill newborns in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, is creating holiday care packages that will be distributed to 500 parents (photos below!)
- The Boys and Girls Club, Tar River Region, NC: The local chapter, which provides after-school programming to thousands of kids ages 5-18 years old at three separate locations, plans to replace insulation that was damaged by Hurricane Matthew last year.
- The Children’s Village, Dobbs Ferry, NY: The nonprofit organization, which provides innovative residential and community-based program to at-risk children, teens and families, is creating a new game room for the 300 kids who live at the facility.
- Northeast Youth Center, Spokane, WA: The youth center, which provides educational and recreational activities to children ages 3-17, will help kids stay warm this winter by providing winter coats and boots.
- Washtenaw Area Council for Children, Ypsilanti, MI: Michigan Children’s Trust Fund’s designated agency for the prevention of child abuse and neglect in Washtenaw County is purchasing 25 tablets and one laptop to begin offering a cyber safety program to its members.
The Rite Aid Foundation is proud to make KidCents charities’ wishes come true this holiday season. If you represent a KidCents charity, share your holiday wish story on the online community so that we can see how the program is making a difference in the communities we serve and spread even more joy.
Happy holidays from everyone at Rite Aid and The Rite Aid Foundation!