The Rite Aid Foundation is taking our efforts to improve the health and well-being of children on the road.
The KidCents Mobile Flu Clinic kicked off a national flu-fighting tour September 15, in Pittsburgh, at Sarah Heinz House. Rite Aid Certified Immunizing Pharmacists administered dozens of free flu shots to children served by Sarah Heinz House, as well as their immediate family and the organization’s volunteers and staff. In addition, The Rite Aid Foundation provided activities and a goody bag to everyone who received a flu shot.
Pittsburgh was the first stop in an eight-city national tour that will occur over the next three weeks.
“Each year, millions of children get sick with the flu, a virus that can be especially tough on kids,” said Tracy Henderson, director of The Rite Aid Foundation and charitable giving initiatives. “Since a flu shot is the single best way to prevent the flu, we’re making it easier than ever for kids and their families to fight the flu by bringing the KidCents Mobile Flu Clinic to town.”
In addition to free flu shots, The Rite Aid Foundation will also be awarding $80,000 in grants as part of the tour – that’s $10,000 to each charity—to help each organization continue keeping children safe, happy and healthy through flu season and beyond.
A full schedule of events below. See you out on the road!
KidCents Mobile Flu Tour Schedule:
- Sarah Heinz House | Pittsburgh, PA | September 15 | 6:00 – 8:30 PM
- Joshua Group | Harrisburg, PA | September 19 | 3:00 – 5:00 PM
- The Hearing & Speech Agency | Baltimore, MD | September 20 | 1:00 – 3:00 PM
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Western Reserve | Akron, OH | September 25 | 4:30 – 6:30 PM
- Downtown Boxing Gym Youth Program | Detroit, MI | September 27 | 4:30 – 7:00 PM
- Children’s Home Society of Washington | Seattle, WA | September 30 | 11:00 – 1:30 PM
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Fresno County | Fresno, CA | October 3 | Time 3:00 – 5:30 PM
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater San Diego | San Diego, CA | October 5 & 6 | 4:00 – 6:30 PM